Weirdo
You fail your arms
every morning to the
beat of your favorite song
off of your music player.
And I can't seem to
figure out if you're
retarded or not.
You approach the others
and I see your sorry eyes
wanting love or at least
a friendship but
that's what a handler is for.
You don't seem to have one.
Are you normal? Tell me.
We either stare at you
or avoid you like the plague.
I'm guilty, too.
Why won't you stand still?
I see you outside of the
library and you dance
frantically needing
someone to care.
Most of us keep a ten
foot radius away from you
and the rest don't notice.
No one is here for you.
I don't know your story
and I'm not going to learn it.
I think this one is horrible but I want a second opinion. I could have done a lot more with it.
I like this, actually. It's hard for me to think of it as a poem though.
ReplyDeleteI would maybe try it as a prose poem, it definitely needs non-stanza organization I think.
Maybe. Tell me what you think.
I like it, I see what Mitch means about it being prose-like. I don't mind it being broken into stanzas.
ReplyDelete