Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Jumpstart

OK, ok. I know this is the poetry blog, and I shouldn't use it as my mouthpiece but I feel like it needs a little something to get it on it its feet. So please forgive the following bit of rambling.

I have a vision of a self-conscious generation. One that is aware that it is unique, that the past was not like the present and the future is likely to be just as different. One that identifies with the current world. And I believed that that kind of self-identification can only be achieved through that quintessentially human thing, whose meaning is utterly evanecsant and yet undeniably universal, art.

Communication require thought, and the more we encourage communication, the more we ask each other to stop mimicking being alive (which is so easy to do nowadays- what with television, movies and the internet, there are countless plays to mimic),
and the more we ask each other to do something that is increasingly avoidable: use our brains.

Long story short: let's start talking to each other. Comment. Critique. Post. Even if you have nothing to say. Say nothing! It's easy to say nothing and still use words. Look I'll show you.

My heart skips stones across the sky's stony beach and whispers crooked secrets to the dying embers of the sun.

What does it mean? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
But it was kind of fun to read, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment